Thursday, February 16, 2012

Amanda's Zucchini Bread

This recipe my little sister sent me. I can't wait to try it:

AMANDA'S ZUCCHINI BREAD

1-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 beaten egg
1 cup sugar
1 cup shredded zucchini (I normally puree it in my food processor.)
1/4 cooking oil
1/2 cup walnuts/pecans (optional)

Grease the bottom and 1/2 up the sides of a loaf pan.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a mixing bowl, combine egg, sugar, zucchini, and oil. With mixer going, add all the dry ingredients one at a time, leaving the flour for last.
Continue mixing until just moistened. Batter will be lumpy.
Pour into prepared pan.
Bake in oven for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.

My version: If I’m going to freeze it, I’ll take it out a little early, so that the bread is sticky, but cooked through. Also, I always double the recipe. It’s easier in my opinion.

No comments: