Friday, October 24, 2014

French Toast

Lately, I've been attempting to make "memory meals". Those are meals that my mom made during my younger years. Some off those are spaghetti, strong-enough (stroganoff), chicken and dumplin's, and French toast. My mom is known for cooking with some of this, a little of that, a ssh here, and not really knowing the exact measurements. She gets it honest though. My grandmother does it too. That's also why I have trouble with exact measurements.

Oh, my mom's recipes are also different from the normal recipes. For example, our stroganoff (which we grew up calling strong-enough) is over rice not noodles.

Oat, so I decided to start with French toast.

Momma's French Toast

Ingredients
Eggs
Milk
Cinnamon
Bread
Butter

Directions
Mix the eggs in a bowl as though you are making scrambled eggs. Blend in the milk, and cinnamon. Heat your skillet on the stove. Dip the bread into the egg batter, quickly flip it over, and then place it in the skillet. Lightly brown on both sides, place on a plate and add a bit of butter on top. Drizzle syrup on top and enjoy!

My husband also adds powdered sugar.

No comments: