Thursday, February 20, 2014

Blackberry Burst

I found this recipe in the Ninja Inspiration Guide that came with my Ninja Pro System 1100 from Sam's.

The first time I made this (Wednesday), I followed the recipe to the T, which is VERY difficult for me to do. I'm getting better though. Their recipe calls for orange juice. Delicious recipe, but I felt there was a smidgen too much orange juice. Oh, but look how beautiful!
 

So, the second time I adapted it a little, plus I absolutely forgot to use yogurt in this version. It's still really flavorful and yummy. Here's my version:

Blackberry Burst (adapted)
1 cup fresh blackberries
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 - 1 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup white grape juice

Place all ingredients in the pitcher, blend (on 3 with a Ninja) until smooth.


Ooooooh! Such a bright red!

 
 
It supposedly makes two servings, but I could drink all of it! I have to catch myself and separate it out. Lately, I've been using the second serving to make popsicles (that way I have a late night snack that's sweet, delicious, and healthy to boot).

I also have a freezer full of blackberries that we picked last summer at my mom's. Blackberries are great for Vitamin A, calcium, potassium, and antioxidants. Can't go wrong with that, can we?


 

 
Post a Comment