Sunday, October 16, 2011

Homemade Baked Apple Chips

This recipe is definitely a keeper for us. Three-fourths of the people in our house love them! I made a small batch using only two apples for fear that I would screw it up or my taste testers wouldn't like them, but I will definitely make a HUGE batch next time!! Great snacks for church, lunches, and any time. It's nice to have a sweet snack that's still healthy!!!

Of course, I forgot to take a picture!! I'll have to make more very soon and snap some pictures!



Very simple recipe -

All you need is a bunch of apples.
  • Wash them, cut them in halves, core them, and slice them very thinly. Leave the skins on!
  • Then spread them on a cookies sheet and bake at 275 degrees for one hour.
  • Flip them over and bake for another hour and a half. (Total cooking time: 2.5 hours.)
  • Take them out of the oven and let them cool (they crisp up during this time too).
  • Then, ENJOY!!

I also love the fact that I can do other "stuff" (cooking, reading to kids, cleaning, etc) while they are baking and cooling! Thanks MoneySavingMom - she found this idea on Pinterest!

Next time, I'll have to try half a batch with the cinnamon!

************************************UPDATE*************************************
Okay, I have to admit... I love the plain ones so much that I made another batch without the cinnamon. Of course, by the time the slices made it to the pan it seems like half of them were gone! This batch I'm doing red apples, but I'm also going to try a granny smith green apple. Let's see how those are.

No comments: