Thursday, June 6, 2013

Baked "Boiled" Eggs

I have seen this being done for a year or so now and I've been extremely tempted to try. My kids were sick, I wasn't feeling well, and my fridge had a zillion (and I only slightly eggs-aggerated the amount hehehehe) of eggs in it. I didn't feel like boiling them. You know, cause I'd have to wait for the water to boil and with a gas stove that I still haven't mastered after more than four years of trying. So, I finally broke down and attempted to bake "boil" them last night.

Here are the instructions:

Preheat oven to 325F.
Place eggs in muffin pan (one in each "muffin" hole).
Place pan in oven.
Bake for 30 minutes (give or take depending on your altitude, oven variances, etc.).
Let cool.
Peel.

 
Oh my goodness were these easy to peel and without any running water to rinse off the tiny pieces! Now, I have yet to try peeling them after they've cooled and sat in the icebox. They are almost perfect "boiled" eggs!


One downer to baking my "boiled" eggs is that my oven decided to decorate them.



Only one so far has tasted slightly rubbery. So I doused it with Heinz 57 ketchup! Nummy nummy.

 
Have you ever tried to bake "boil" your eggs? How did it work for you? Am I missing something here? Have you found your eggs a little speckled after baking? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments: