Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Knorr Homestyle Concentrated Stock

I am so excited about the Knorr Homestyle Concentrated Stock! The containers are so small yet they pack a heck of a lot of flavor! I also love the fact that it contains no MSG! The stock is great to use when you make rice. I've also used it in my soups. I am glad that Smiley360.com allowed me to try the Knorr Homestyle Concentrated Stock as one of my "missions".

I want to share one of my favorite of Knorr's recipes from their website:

Chicken Fajitas

SERVES 4
PREP TIME: 10 Minute(s)
COOK TIME: 15 Minute(s)
INGREDIENTS
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp. chili powder
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
2 medium red and/or green bell peppers, sliced
1 large onion, sliced
1 to 2 Tbsp. lime juice
1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken
8 (6-in.) fajita-size flour tortillas, warmed
PREPARATION
Season chicken with chili powder. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, turning once, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 6 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and cool slightly; slice.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet and cook red peppers and onion, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in lime juice and Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken and simmer until Stock is melted. Return chicken to skillet; toss to coat.
Serve in warmed tortillas and garnish, if desired, with your favorite fajita toppings such as shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and/or chopped cilantro.

No comments: