Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Today's Menu

The kids and I hit up Winndixie for groceries and I came back with what I felt like was a steal! Hardly ever do I find great deals on fruits and veggies, but today I hit the jackpot. I was able to get 20 bell peppers for $5, 3 green apples for $1, and a pkg of 9 zucchinis for $3.91. Then, I bought a bushel of other veggies (carrots, broccoli, cabbage, etc).

On the menu for this evening (and what I'm prepping the other veggies for later):

Tonight
Stuffed Bell Peppers - mixed a couple recipes and came out delicious!! (Oh, I diced up bell peppers to mix into the stuffing because I knew my kiddos wouldn't eat the bell pepper itself and this way they ate bell pepper and were none the wiser.)
Cooked Cabbage - I didn't follow directions to the T and it came out mushy, but still delicious
Baked Apple Slices - I forgot to spray the cookie sheet with PAM so they all stuck to the pan :(

Later
Fajitas (FRIDAY)
Amanda's Zucchini Bread
Beckie's Crab Rangoon

recipes to be added soon...

No comments: